sneak previews and a question
Coming soon, a story:
* in which somebody picks such a ridiculous amount of peaches that we implement mandatory daily quotas while trying to avoid fruit butt. (Peach bbq sauce recipe coming soon!)
* in which Rose goes to the County Fair with Karen and wins a goldfish (due more to the kind heart of a Carnie than any actual landing of balls in goldfish bowls), to whom Rose is both fiercely protective and terribly negligent.
Rose, carnival goldfish are weird but you can have all the chickens you want.
* in which Dan fashions 3 gallon-jar sized niches in the root cellar for pickle storage, except I’m picturing him commandeering at least one for deer hooves, flicker feathers and snake skins.
* in which Dan and I celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary this Saturday.
Our last hot date: shoveling horse shit. Hoping for something different this time.
* in which our homestead is featured in this years’ Tour de Farms on Saturday.
*And a question: If you could only have 2 out of 3 kitchen appliances: immersion blender, regular blender and food processor, which is the superfluous one? And why?
Have a peachy weekend,
ps: Rebecca’s e-mail address fixed on this post for 50% off on: A Soulful Cleanse.