Open garden (or, our beautiful, productive chaos)
The two pound bok choi bomb
We’re hosting an Open Garden, June 1st 10am – 12pm.
* Stroll around at your leisure and/or get your questions answered.
* See what we’re already harvesting in quantity (arugula, lettuce, kale, spinach, chard, bok choi, radishes, parsley, cilantro, rhubarb) AKA every adult family member is required to eat a large salad daily.
* Check out the backyard chicken operation.
* See what we start from seed indoors and what we direct-sow.
* Compost tours.
* Learn how we have fruit already set on tomatoes (growing outside) without any grow lights or extra heat.
* Take a trip down into the root cellar.
* Learn which weeds we eat and which we pull.
* See how much fruit, vegetables and herbal medicine can be pumped out of 1/8 acre in town.
* See how we work with the challenges of this elevation (hot days, cold nights, quick season, general aridity).
* See how we take advantage of microclimates within one property.
* Enjoy the beautiful chaos.
Sunday, June 1st 10am-12pm (come anytime within these two hours)
Suggested donation: $5/family
E-mail me for directions sanjuandrive(at)frontier(dot)net