Natalie and Nathan are offering another round of their popular 6-week e-course called, Parenting on the Same Team. If you don’t know these two through their coaching work, blogs or toy business, then, allow me to introduce them:
She speaks the same language as Alfie Kohn, who wrote Unconditional Parenting (a parenting game-changer for me), but in a softer, feminine, more “I hear you sister,” way. I’ve become best acquainted with Natalie’s work through her parenting phone consults, in which she’s helped me numerous times (including, but not limited to The Funky Sock Disasters and The Sibling Battlefield). Natalie is fantastic at suggesting a pathway which illuminates my own blind spots and leads me to the sanest, most effective and compassionate trail through the trees of parenting.
With Nathan, who is a Certified Life Coach, they are raising three daughters, inspiring people and spreading the good word.
The Awesomeness of this E-Course (all the details here):
* you can take it alone or with your partner.
* Natalie and Nathan will present ideas and parenting strategies weekly (over 6 weeks) and you will have the opportunity to discuss, inquire more deeply, receive feedback and seek help transposing these ideas into your particular family situation.
* you can participate as much or as little as you want.
* you can participate from wherever you live, at your own pace.
*Natalie and Nathan will be available for unlimited e-mail support during the 6-week course.
*you will learn and grow.
Dan and I took this course last year and loved:
*the momentum of practicing (and practicing, and practicing) your parenting ideals in a community.
*the homework which provides opportunity to catch old patterns and practice new ones.
*Natalie and Nathan’s availability, deep listening and idea-generating for each participant’s particular situation.
*how in learning to treat your children with empathy, you learn to do the same for yourself.
To win a spot in the upcoming E-Course, Parenting on the Same Team, leave a comment below. For an extra chance to win, share this post on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, or your community and leave a second comment.
The winner of the E-Course Giveaway is Andree! Andree, I will forward your e-mail address to Natalie so she can sign you up!
Giveaway ends Monday 5/14/12
* Last fall, The New Yorker published a lovely article on coaching, written by the surgeon/author Atul Gawande. Gawande explores the benefits of employing a professional coach. The results (for teachers, doctors, musicians, singers, athletes) are impressive. Why not parenting?