I believe you can grow a lot of food on a small amount of land, harvesting edibles from April through November. I’ve been putting my ideas to the test for 15 years, learning how to work with the challenges and blessings of the high altitude Southwest and am now offering on-site consultations for edible landscapes, in which I help you with:
* Identifying, and plotting on a timeline, your goals for the growing season.
* Tailoring your goals to the microclimates and niches of your specific piece of land.
* Best watering practices for roots, fruits and leaves.
* Which plants thrive at 6512 feet, and when to plant/harvest them.
* Making the most of our short growing season.
* Which seeds to start indoors (or buy from nurseries) and which to direct sow.
* Assessing your compost set-up.
* Identifying the weeds growing in your garden; which are edible or medicinal, and how to control them without pesticides.
* Improving your soil.
* Methods of chemical-free plant fertilization.
* Assessing your space for adding chickens.
* Answering all your gardening questions to the best of my abilities.
Time: One hour
Cost: $30 (price increases for on-site visits more than 5 miles out of city limits)
Interested? Contact me at: sanjuandrive(at)frontier(dot)net